Elections to the ETCO-EDC Board
The ETCO-EDC Board is elected democratically by and from its members. All regular ESOT members affiliated to the ETCO-EDC section are eligible candidates and have the right to vote.
Board positions are renewed every four years with the exception of vice-president and president which are two years each, the vice-president automatically becoming president. Turn over normally occurs at the ESOT congress and results are announced at the General Assembly.
Elections are held by secret ballot every two years, half the Board being renewed each time. Since 2008, elections are held online. During elections years the following schedule is observed:
- In spring, members are informed of the positions becoming vacant, theY are invited to present themselves or another ETCO-EDC member as candidates over a period of at least 6 weeks
- Candidates are asked if they accept running for election.
- ETCO-EDC executive officer introduces the list section members and candidates to the voting program.
- Members are given the list of candidates, the web site address where they can vote, and a password to enter the program. All votes are secret, even to the administrator, and members can only vote once.
- Members are given at least six weeks to vote. At the end of this period, the voting program automatically counts the votes and gives the results.
- Members are given the results and the statistics of the election: how many people voted, percentage of total, number of votes for each candidate, percentage of total.
Elections for National Key Members (NKMs)
Initially, ordinary members maybe invited by the Board to be NKM for their country. When there are several members from that country, elections should be held between all members of that country up-to-date with their fees.
All eligible members must be informed of the election and invited to present their candidature or propose another member.
The list of candidates must be sent to all ordinary members of that country and their vote collected, preferable online in a secret ballot program.
Results of the election must be sent to the NKM chair and the ETCO-EDC Secretariat who will inform the Board
Elections should be held every four years.
News & Updates
Write to us
ETCO-EDC Secretariat Jane Lewis
|Cell Phone:||(+34) 667419142|